Amazon.com
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Seattle, WA konumunda Amazon.com için Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
Tümü
Konum
Seattle, WA1.572 yorum
Aramayla eşleşen 1.572 yorum bulundu
66.002 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
It’s a great place to work and get involved if you are interested in growing even as a contractor. I’ve been a contractor twice. And loved both teams I was a part of.
Artı Yönleri
Great support from managers, Great feedback
Eksi Yönleri
Not knowing when your contract will end
İş Kültürü
Amazon engineering standards are very high, but when push comes to shove and deadlines get tight those standards are the first thing to drop. Once you're here though the opportunities are almost endless for a developer. You can work on everything from satellites to distributed computing systems to machine learning and embedded devices so there's likely a team that matches your career goals. The oncall shifts can be bad depending on the team and the pay drops off typically after year 4 so there's pressure to get promoted if you don't want to see your pay drop significantly.
Artı Yönleri
Tons of jobs opportunities in almost every technology stack imaginable
Eksi Yönleri
No perks like free food or gyms. High stress, oncall shifts for everyone.
İş Kültürü
As an SDE I'm always learning at Amazon, my knowledge will rarely stall. There will be always something which forces me to learn and develop yourself. For people who are new to Amazon, it might take some time to balance their time delivering and learning though. If they always focus on delivering that's a big mistake and of course without any focus on delivering there's no way to apply learnings etc. It's a great place for practitioners of software development.
Learning opportunities
Eksi Yönleri
Not the highest paying tech company
İş Kültürü
As an intern, I was expected to complete a project during my internship. It was stressful because working from home made it harder to ask for help. The rest of my team (full time employees) had pretty good work life balance. The pay is really high. There is lots of code to reference and a huge network of employees in the company to ask for help if needed, although most people tend to do tasks alone.
Work life balance
Collaboration
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
There are a number of tasks on the to do list. Virtually, it is impossible to get all tasks done everyday simply because these are too many and change continuously.
İş Kültürü
Many people overthink their work but it's fairly common sense based. I enjoyed the company and its pay but it wasn't permanent and was hard to change schedule.
İş Kültürü
No work life balance and toxic working environment. Full of untrustworthy people who would throw their own mother into traffic in order to get promoted from a 6 to a 7.
İş Kültürü
- day to day consists of emails, scheduling, meetings, calls
- management expects you to overwork, that is the norm

- often had to work overtime, expected to accommodate with short notice due to other people

- micromanagement

- if another contract recruiting coordinator role comes your way and pays more, take it
Artı Yönleri
Opportunities to network and work on projects outside of role
Eksi Yönleri
Unhealthy work-life balance, office politics, toxic management
İş Kültürü
Best part of Amazon is how fast-paced the work is. There’s endless learning opportunities, which is great with Amazon’s scale. Some of my teammates are great and collaborative. However the recruiting culture can be cutthroat and aggressive at times. Especially since the business units are so siloed here, other recruiting teams will work against you, and in many instances, not follow standard procedures/best practices which makes your job quite difficult when you try to do the right thing.
İş Kültürü
Everything you’ve heard is true. It’s a brutal environment and I have many knife wounds from competitive coworkers, but with the stock rising I stayed to cash in. Recruiters have enormous pressure to work hard and fast and there is very little wlb. I learned an amazing amount but felt out of place as an older worker and not taken seriously as someone who wanted to grow. Younger people were always jumping the line. It is what it is at Amazon.
Artı Yönleri
No end to the perks of working at a top tier company
People are exceptionally cruel
İş Kültürü
I'm less than 6 months at Amazon you can be placed on a performance plan. I would not recommend working here if you are looking for an inclusive, open, experience. If you like fear based management and culture, Amazon is for you.
İş Kültürü
online customer service. Answered and helped customers with problems with their orders. The hours and days were flexible and they made sure they provided plenty of training
İş Kültürü
The company has a long standing goal in striving for environmental sustainability. Something I believe all companies should believe in doing. The job itself is a 'you get out what you put in' type of job and for me, its strengthens my growth and motivates me to come in and be better each and every day. I love the people I work with and the managers aren't so bad either. The only downside I have is when customers provide feedback on what they would like to see updated for their user experience, its takes awhile for updates to occur due to the lack of engineers we have to propagate these requests. Fairly small downside, in my opinion, but one nonetheless. This company will be here for years and even decades to come.
Artı Yönleri
Work/life balance, compensation, stock options
Eksi Yönleri
Self-driven promotion model, high management turnover
İş Kültürü
I highly recommend working at Amazon for at least a few years, just to get the best basis of comparison possible. Once you've survived Amazon long enough to get sick of the Koolaid, move on and every job will be the "best job ever".
Resume builder
Eksi Yönleri
Every facet imageinable other than resume builder
İş Kültürü
The work culture varies significantly across teams. The team I worked on had interesting work but the work-life balance was basically completely missing.
İş Kültürü
Very stressful and cut throat environment . Manager was not strong, which made the team and myself look bad. Politics is big around here. Happy that I left this place.
Ton
İş Kültürü
Technology at Amazon is amazing. They solve some very interesting problems and most often use cutting edge tech to solve these problems. The work life balance is almost non-existent.
İş Kültürü
Customer Service tends to be harsh on the mental health as is so a company this large should have more compassion for the mental health of their employees. The lack of communication from HR is insane. I requested an intermittent leave of absence, which was suggested by them, and was told it was approved and so was my manager only to find out about a month later they decided to deny it and never inform me. That resulted in a final pertaining to my attendance and then I relocated due to an emergency and attempted to continue working at which time I was informed to log out of the system and not access it while out of town, which ended in termination.
Pay
HR
İş Kültürü
It’s a very organized job and always ready for a challenge each day, ever since I started working with amazon I loved it and the people there are helpful
İş Kültürü
I have been working here for about 8 months as a contractor and it's been great - the work is straightforward (high volume, but that's expected) and my managers have listened earnestly to all my feedback. However, I know that people's experiences at Amazon are largely based on their team (management, coworkers, etc). I've heard of green badges being treated poorly compared to their blue badge counterparts but have not experienced it myself.
Artı Yönleri
Flexibility to work from home, good pay
Eksi Yönleri
Unethical labor practices in warehouses
● Work-life balance
If you have kids do not work from home it will be stressful and they don’t care that you have kids they’ll tell you to file tickets to excuse your absence and you will get confirmation emails and time flys with no confirmation email then your manager will write your up until you are fired. Not to mention training is 4 days and they will throw you out without help

● Pay & benefits

If you like getting cursed out and not knowing what you’re doing then the pay is worth it

● Job security and advancement

They expect you to know everything from 4 days of training and searching KC wich never has the answers you need and if you reach out for help good luck with that

● Management

Just horrible they are trained to treat us like a number or another customer not an actual employee

● Culture

Call after call it’s impossible to meet metrics when you don’t know everything and have no help

● Overall

Please stay alway if you value your mental health over a paycheck. You won’t be trained properly and you will have a hard time working a normal day of