Dollar General
3,1/5 yıldız.
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Dollar General için Çalışan Yorumları

2,9İş-Yaşam Dengesi

Sırala

YardımseverlikDeğerlendirmeTarih
Tüm 32.729 yorum gösteriliyor

nice people with a great work environment

Indeed'de öne çıkan yorum

Indeed tarafından seçilen en faydalı yorum
Working for dollar general is really nice its a nice laid back job that's easy to do but the only problem is the hours there extremely short if you work part time.

Good environment

no benefits
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Lots of work not nearly enough money

No work life balance at all. I was working 80 hours every single week. Salary so it was mostly free work.The benefits were good, and I had a good team.. but not enough hours to effectively staff the store.

Ummm

Eksi Yönleri

No breaks no real days off
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Overload with work low pay rate

Management will play favorites there is no pay time off you make minimum wage the amount of work that you're expected to do unloading totes by the truckload in a daily basis no thank yous no team meetings no fair share of work pull management no paid holidays you have to watch your pay stubs cuz you won't get paid for all your time you worked I highly do not recommend to even waste your time with this employment there is no promotions no pay raises no Employee Appreciation whatsoever

Work environment

The work environment itself is horrible or at least at my location. Having a lead manager constantly talk you down and be little you and cuss you out infront of customers isn’t a healthy work environment.

Close bye

Eksi Yönleri

Management needs better training.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

good temporary or second job

Fairly well managed at the location I was at with friendly coworkers. Sometimes you'd be expected to do shifts longer than what you want or are available for due to short staff. Requires that you be willing to go back and forth from cash register and stocking shelves, but the good news about this is it keeps you pretty busy so you're not usually very bored. Worst thing about the job would just be customers (as one would expect.) Great job for people just looking for experience and/or to earn some money on the side.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin

Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın

Great Coworkers, Terrible Company

I loved my day-to-day coworkers, but the company does not support their employees. Health and safety violations out the wazoo. 2 years now without A/C during the summer and no heating during the winter. Paltry benefits and compensation. Not enough workers to complete tasks in time.

Coworkers

Corporate neglect
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

I really enjoyed the job but I don’t know many people that can live off 7.25 an hour

The job was fun but the pay isnt enough. I got a lot of exercise and met a lot of really nice people. My coworkers were great! I still keep in touch with them. If the job payed more I would probably still be there

Artı Yönleri

The customers were my favorite part of the job.

Eksi Yönleri

No healthcare, low pay, no benifits
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Corporate doesn't care abt employees

Working in a store with no ac, with temps in the 90s in store with one break the entire shift that you still have to work thru even while clocked out. Company doesn't care about employees. Ac broken for weeks with customers and employees getting sick from the heat.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Worse job I have ever had.

As a manager, I was told I would have a 45 hour work week. I never worked less than 60 hours a week and was not paid for those extra hours. I was expected to do everything from running a register to stocking, office work, scheduling, banking and even clean the toliets. I have been a business manager for over 30 years and never experienced anything like I did at Dollar General. They make lots of promises, but in the end they work you into the dirt!

Dont do it

bad turnover rate,never enough workers,, people dont come to work arent on time ..managers quit in middle of the shift ..very stressful work enviroment ,,,dont pay much .

dont get one often
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Management does not have your back.

I work for this company for nearly seven years, the last two was out of necessity due to the pandemic. Upper management can careless about maintaining order and crew in all stores and expect us to work as a skeleton crew. The pandemic made things even more unbearable with the continuing non-existence help and the increasing hostility of the customers. It was too much to the point I had to quit.Only come here if you need the money, but keep looking for other jobs. You will not last here. Management does not have your back.

DG sucks

I personally had good coworkers. Mine was overall very nice. DG is just a bad place to work. The hours suck, I got no benefits or PTO because I was part-time (most of the time) . The hours were inconsistent and they expect you to work like a dog. Try running the register and stocking shelves. You don't get anything done, but they want you to finish a minimum of 9 totes an hour! I was lucky to get that in a day! my manager was understanding and laid back. I have seen other places that had terrible bosses. Don't work here. Let corporate fall.

Lies,lies,lies

Nothing but lies from upper management. Low pay. Dm constantly cutting hours to make her bonuses. Morning shift is frequently worked alone unless it's truck day.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

manager is disorganized and makes work enbearable to be at. The store floors were always filled with roll tainers.

i worked at the port orford DG and let me say it was the worst job ive ever had, ive never seen a manager not know what to do with stuff inside their store, the manager kinda acted like it wasnt their problem and pushed it onot other people. Manager gave up doing the store merchandise papers or whatever so we get a bunch of overstock of stuff we dont need, one of the worst jobs ive had, they dont give a good schedule for a while honestly its unorganized and dirty.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Decent First Job./2nd part time job. Nothing that will pay bills.

Super low pay. Busy locations. Store mainly does 3-4 full time employee's. Everyone else will be part time and get part time hours/pay. Only position that makes enough money to pay bills is full store manager. Manager's are usually good people that make part time hours flexiable and will call you in for extra hours if you preform well and someone didn't show. Great first job for a teen. Complete waste of time if you have bills to pay.

Artı Yönleri

Flexible part time hours.

Eksi Yönleri

Short breaks. Low hours, Low pay. Constantly Busy. Stores are reguarly wrecked by coustomers.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Worst Job I've ever worked.

Seriously the worst place I've ever worked. Low/bad pay for the amount of work that is expected. Each store has only 1-2 people working at a time. And they are expected to stock, run registers, face the ailses, clean, and assist customers. It's why many of the stores are a mess, have clogged aisles filled with rolltainers, and have empty shelves. Two people at a time aren't able to complete all these task.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

given the right team the store can be successful

The company as a whole is horrible. I worked there over 3 years and only got paid for about 1/2 of the overtime I worked. I never got paid for my maternity leave. the last 6 months I worked there i worked from September to the end of November without a say off. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Horrible home life balance.

They want you to work as much time as possible, not say anything about bad policies or management, work schedules that can be changed on the fly (Causing you to get in trouble for missing a shift without knowing you had a shift), and deal with constant favoritism.

Great job!

The dollar general is such a good place to work at! They have a wonderful management. They have a great pay rate and flexible hours! I love working here it is the best.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Simple work, good pay for what it is

It's an easy job, very flexible and you only work with one or two other people, so it is a very self sufficient job. It's good pay for a small retail job.

No good

Much like all low paying jobs it sucks, low paying, non-working coworkers, and irreparable customers. Same old, same old...but a jobs a job right even if you can't afford to live.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Burada çalışmanın nasıl bir şey olduğunu merak mı ediyorsun?

Dollar General firmasında çalışmak ya da mülakata girmek hakkında bir soru sorun. Topluluğumuz cevap vermeye hazır.Soru Sor

Genel puanlama