Hilton
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Birmingham konumunda Hilton için Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
Tümü
Konum
Birmingham56 yorum
Aramayla eşleşen 56 yorum bulundu
13.604 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
Really friendly staff and helpful manager whenever needed for help. Care about the employee. It is busy sometimes at reception (especially from 5pm onwards to 9pm) and manager will come and help out. For example, comforting the guests in the long queue and direct them to fast check-in if they did not notice they have done it.
İş Kültürü
A great company to work for, always busy and the high standards to be maintained. The company also helps you to progress in your career. It was like having a second home and a second family.
İş Kültürü
managemnet at times have poor people skills, lots of the workforce are lazy and willing to only do the minimum amount of work for the 16 hours they work each week, to enable them to keep their benefits, managment just let this go time and time again
İş Kültürü
A typical day at Hilton Hotel was preparing for food service. for example. setting up tables with cutlery, glasses and centre pieces. Then providing a service for the customers.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
absolutely horrible, the staff did not acknowledge anything positive and was very negative, full of gossip! was spoken to like a dog by management! Stay away!!!!!!!!!! Was told by supervisor “I don’t have time I have no patience, people are dumb and don’t bother coming back, if I had a child who was dumb I’d give it up for adoption etc...” and I only asked one question, the same supervisor would threaten to jump over the counter and get physical with customers, within the first week of training, they would overshadow anything you had learnt and pick small faults to degrade you, line manager said or did nothing and was told to adapt to her because it’s her personality there has been 3 people of colour told to leave or had to hand in their resignation due to the stress and treatment at the Hilton, and refused meeting with line manager to discuss the issues that have happened, was told it’s not possible and then immediately disconnected then phone line, there has been no apology from management or acknowledgement and has left us all with the scar of being treated like dirt! DO NOT WORK HERE STAY AWAY it’s not worth it, I hope the Hilton management team gets looked into because they treat people like trash and gossip about them whilst on shift.
İş Kültürü
they have everything set up which is so good and everybody knows what to do in each moment. the jobs is smooth but the environment in the job is very hostile specially the one provided by the managers to the workers.
İş Kültürü
Overworked, underpaid and then when I got ill I was managed out of my role into another and back into the original with the duties of the second role as well. I worked until i was voted off the island.
Eksi Yönleri
The people are horrible, especially management
İş Kültürü
The company do not care about their employees & treat them terribly. Management will throw you under the bus to protect themselves. New people always starting as few stay on long term.
İş Kültürü
Is good to work in Hilton Metropole. Salary is according your age. People welcome you very well. The F&B restaurant manager takes care of her staff very well
İş Kültürü
It's nice to work in hilton hope to on pension from here staff is helpful and improves your team spirit one of the leading brand in business and enjoy 8 hours shift and Christmas's holidays as well
2,0
İş Kültürü
Management a shambles. No one cares about you. worked as a student and was constantly kept until early hours despite management knowing of my uni timetable. Time ff for exams and revision was not allowed. Shouldn't hire students if they can't handle student timetables.
İş Kültürü
Hilton Hotels offer great perks to travel the world staying in luxury hotels.
The Hilton is a global brand and generally a good company to work for with other benefits.
İş Kültürü
Working at Hilton comes with many expectations which tend to be very simple to match, they wouldn't ask you to do something of which you weren't capable of doing however their expectations can be over-ambitious considering the condition of the hotel I was working at, they want to be perceived as a 4 star plus hotel, however don't act like one.
2,0
İş Kültürü
Très bonne expérience dans sa globalité sur l'ensemble de cette période
İş Kültürü
Management are very rude and patronising, there is no support given at all. Very unfair work place. Expect to be shouted at, long shifts little breaks where you’re not aloud to leave the premises, however, canteen food is supplied even though it’s not very nice. Unhygienic environment to work in, see mice and rats on a daily basis.
Given rotas without finishing times.

No appreciation for hard work

Minimum wage
Artı Yönleri
Team members support is great
İş Kültürü
I have never worked for a more disorganized establishment in my life. If you want to make £8 an hour to have no work life balance and get treated poorly by rude customers for a living then this is the place for you. You get your rota with about 1.5 days notice, so you will not know if you are working Friday/ the weekend until late Wednesday night. It is illegal to give staff that late notice on a rota, but Hilton manages to find any shortcut they can. Reception is a hard job because all the rooms are literally garbage for £150-£300/ night. Some of the management is AWFUL. I have been trying to get a basic form from HR which is also a legal requirement only for them to ignore my calls and e-mails on a daily basis. The only saving grace this Hotel had was the EMPLOYEES! The employees were so amazing and kind and enjoyable to be around. It could be a good place to work if it was better ran. The free lunches aren't worth the way you get treated and paid.
free lunches
Eksi Yönleri
long hours, disorganized, bad pay
İş Kültürü
Typical day at work is usually hard because you have certain for every room no matter if its messy like crazy or if it hasnt been touched by guests.. In busy days its very hard to keep the rooms nice and clean and finish at time together. Many days I stayed in work for much longer and didnt get paid for overtime.

Big positive - in pregnancy I could reduce the number of rooms I have to clean which I really appreciated because this job is physiclaly hard so it was much harder with pregnancy belly (and sickness).

100% sure room attendants deserve more benefits because how it could be a good hotel if its not clean and tidy? Its very hard work and you have half an hour for lunch and the way to the canteen and back takes about 12minutes (depends wheere you are) and you havent got much time left ti eat your food and you rush back and clean with full stomach.
Artı Yönleri
free lunch, sometimes tidy rooms after guests
not paid enough
İş Kültürü
lovely place to work with great management. very flexible hours during exam season and very understanding. very relaxed working enviroment. loved every minute
İş Kültürü
The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is a excellent work place due to high standards that are required and due to the type of work they request.
As a team member there are a lot opportunities to learn and develop your skills. Progression is also possible if correct attitude is shown.
İş Kültürü
Poor pay no overtime payment and no bonuses. Management have there favourite people and the people who they don't like get treated like dirt. The guests were nice.
free lunches
less hours
İş Kültürü
• Develop and build good relationships with customers
• Positive attitude

• Good communication skills

• Excellent grooming standards

• Ability to work on their own or in teams
Free lunch