Lionbridge
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Waltham, MA konumunda Lionbridge için Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
Konum
Aramayla eşleşen 72 yorum bulundu
833 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
Good work life balance if you manage time well. You work on your own time and it is easy enough work if you can follow detailed directions without instructions.
Flexible
Unreliable
İş Kültürü
Well it may be hard to come by these positionsBut if you can get one it's great. sure it's only a yearly contract but you're making a good amount of money and only working a couple hours per week rating Instagram ads during the day. It's a great second job or job for college students it doesn't take much time and it's very easy as long as you have some basic knowledge of online advertising in your country. lionbridge is a company is easy to contact and they have a ticket system where you can report issues and they will get back to you. It's also easy to get paid and everything is set up pretty quickly when you start anything confusing you can just go to them and ask them what's going on. The only thing is once your time is up there's really no room for advancement and you'll have to either get a different job or apply to a different position with line
online, easy
no advancement
İş Kültürü
I put in 20 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 months and after each month got an email trying to say I hadn't put that much time in before I got out right fired with 0 explanation other than my services were terminated not to mention the hourly pay sucked. So the only way to make good money was to work my but off.
Work your own hours
Bad pay, bad management
İş Kültürü
I have been with Lionbridge almost two years as a Rater. I enjoy the flexibility of hours and days as I have multiple health issues. While it was a very long learning curve, there is always training and feedback every month from the Quality Team. The work is very interesting and many different items to review on a daily basis. The biggest adjustment was having no personal contact with anyone at the company. There were no interviews, just completing three exams to determine if you are hired. The only way you can communicate with anyone at the company is via email. We do have live monthly feedback webinars, however, only the trainers speak. They want to help you to succeed and I’ve received a lot of great emails with feedback of any issues. I am very grateful for the opportunity to work from home with flexible hours to supplement my Social Security Disability payments.
Artı Yönleri
Flexible hours as you can work any day, any hours you can up to 20 hours per week.
Eksi Yönleri
No personal contact with anyone at the company and no raises.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
Things were better before Lionbridge had to switch everyone to W2 employment because it limited our hours. Working for this company for 3 years I never got a raise. There is no advancement opportunity. Work frequently dries up for months at a time. On the up side, although they threaten you for not putting in enough hours, I was never actually disciplined for not working enough. But this is a really bad job. If you are looking at working for Lionbridge so you can work remotely, I highly recommend you look into another career like programming or medical coding.
Artı Yönleri
Free to work or not (despite what they say)
Eksi Yönleri
Limited hours, no raise ever
İş Kültürü
I worked here for about 3 years. It was a great job for those looking for flexibility. I can't say that there was much interaction with leaders. In fact, you really will not have a "leader" per se or anyone specific to reach out too. While you work independently you are still a w2 employee which is great. I always felt like just a number here though. The emails were very to the point that were sent from the company and at times cold and almost threatening. This would be emails about their confidentiality agreement or in reference to not working enough hours weekly.
İş Kültürü
I have the freedom to work around my life schedule. As long as I make the minimum number of required hours each week I can work when I want. The work is not hard and they give many training opportunities to get assist raters when needed.
İş Kültürü
For those who enjoy working from home this is a great place to work. As an independent contractor one is able to set their own schedule. The biggest drawback is there are no benefits.
flexible schedule
no benefits
İş Kültürü
You can work whatever schedule best fits your needs, so that's a plus. However, you have no contact with other people except through email or online platforms. You are completely isolated on a phone in your house, and there aren't really advancement opportunities and zero benefits. You can agree to work scheduled hours for a fixed rate, which is less than the by the minute rate but overall ends up paying more. However, the pay is 40 days behind, so you have to wait a very long time to receive payment for work completed. After you start receiving checks, it is twice a month. It is purposeful, but very challenging work. Updated 3/20/20: I've felt used by the company before, but especially now. All scheduled hours are gone. I was notified by email that my scheduled hours are cut and the next day I could log in if I desire but at the by the minute rate. You can make more working at a grocery store or fast food, which requires no specialized training. Also, as a 1099 employee, you cannot file for unemployment. This company does not care for it's people.
İş Kültürü
I loved working with this company. Although I had never worked before as a rater they provided webinars and virtual reviews that helped you to understand what you did incorrectly. When your work was not up to par they would lock your access for about a week before allowing access again. During that time you are given access to training modules and examples to review, which is highly recommended. I think implementing bi-monthly one on one time would be beneficial to both the company and contractor.
İş Kültürü
This company, at least in the US Rater position, offers good pay for the work being done, a flexible work schedule, and comprehensive guides to help you learn the ins and out of the work. Cons are less than stellar communication and no room for advancement
İş Kültürü
It is a great place to work in terms of flexible working hours and WFH options. The management and the working culture is excellent. But the compensation is fairly less than the market.
İş Kültürü
there is no access to information regarding a path to continue employment with the company. I would like to have opportunities to apply for other positions or to advance. It would be nice if more working hours were available.
İş Kültürü
Requires a lot of studying and testing before you start getting paid. They also limit your hours each week, around 20. The pay isn’t great but it does allow you to make your own schedule which is nice.
İş Kültürü
There was usually pretty steady work as a social media evaluator in that I almost always had enough work to meet my daily requirements. The one major drawback about the company is their lack of communication. You never hear back on anything you do, you just get some generic occasional emails saying good job for getting your work done or whatever. There is little to no communication from the company so for the entire year I worked for them, I had no idea who my superior was and there was always confusion of what to do if I had a problem. The other miserable part of the job was that the ads you evaluate are often repetitive and the same ones day after day which gets incredibly frustrating and boring.
Steady work
Eksi Yönleri
Tedious, no communication, low pay
İş Kültürü
Extensive language services. Many types of language services and language offered. More projects or work could be offered. More training could be offered to independent translators. Not all translators are computer proficient.
Prompt payments
more frequent work
İş Kültürü
After 2 years of owning Lionbridge I sense they still don't understand the translation business. Expectations on both the production side and sales side are difficult at best. I think they are beefing up the profits/margins to sell either the entire company or parts. Either way, terrible to put so much work on employees.
İş Kültürü
Work at your own pace, work at home. Enjoyed my time with the company. Ability to work tasks as needed day or night. Can work from 10 - 20 hours per week.
İş Kültürü
they constantly change their guidelines and mark things wrong on review even when it should be right according to the guideline. No chances of advancement, They do not answer emails in a timely manner.
İş Kültürü
The position is work from home so there is no interaction with other workers. Would be nice though to have chat with the supervisors and other employees. So you pretty much just sign in and work till you don’t want to work anymore, as long as you only work 24 hrs a week. If you need anything, you have to email the company and wait til someone responds. That is the only down side about the job.
İş Kültürü
Initial training was good. However when I began the actual work there were ongoing problems with the rating tool. You could only communicate with the company through a ticket system. I prefer to speak to someone when I have a problem. Pay scale was low.