Medtronic
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Boulder, CO konumunda Medtronic için Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
Konum
Aramayla eşleşen 104 yorum bulundu
4.223 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
Medtronic was good at times, but the hours were tough. 12 hour shifts were the most common, and just to keep afloat a lot of people had to do overtime. They were stressed and excessive repetition caused carpal tunnel in a lot of people I noticed. Safety was high. Medtronic wanted quantity and quality, so you needed pretty fast hands. I have nimble fingers, I was able to work quickly while maintaining efficiency. I saw people get fired for falling behind in numbers. I can understand if you're a new recruit and aren't able to get the numbers to where they want, but what if you're old and have been there for years? The culture of the place was fine. A melting pot of a lot of different people actually.The best part of the job was being able to jump in on new things once you had mastered the old. I learned to operate the machinery as a stepping stone for bigger and brighter things. I learned how to operate the systems for the same reasons. This helped both me and the company out so I wasn't always doing monotonous and highly repetitive work. Also the monthly meeting to be honest. We would pour over the data, see what needed to be fixed and what UPPER management would help with. I wouldn't consider this an end goal.
Artı Yönleri
Heathcare, moral support from co-workers
Low compensation, heath issues
İş Kültürü
I working in Maryland line I have a lot Experience in medical device I have working in Abbott Johnson& Johnson in California because move in Colorado about my family
İş Kültürü
I worked for Medtronic for over 2 years, it was not a good experience! I will get straight to the point and tell those of you who are reading this review stay away from this place! Medtronic has allowed a particular group of individuals to take over and they will discriminate against you. If you do not fit the color of the majority of the people there they will discriminated against you! Racism is rampant at this place! If your color is not the color of the majority who rules there and has Consolidated power to Supreme status you will be isolated, you will be discriminated against, and eventually you will either be fired or you will quit! They will bend over backwards for their own people who are the majority there, but if you're not the color of their skin they will not help you whatsoever! You will watch this happen day in, and day out !Not a place you want to go stay away!
Endless overtime.
No work-life balance.
İş Kültürü
The job itself is rather simple and easy. Not very physical in terms of having to lift heavy things or being on your feet all day. As an entry level job, it has a reasonable wage, but if you want to make any kind of advancements here, forget about it unless you love kissing a** with management. There is no work culture here when you have supervisors playing favorites and promoting the ones they like and socialize/chat with. You can be working here for 5 to 10+ years and your chance at a higher position will be overlooked, and opened up to literally everybody there that barely started from 6-12 months. New employees are constantly pressured with having to keep up with the rest of the employees, which usually results in them getting frustrated and quitting. They do not evaluate you as an individual during performance reviews, which is a joke. You can have the best performance, yet it would be benefiting the rest of your employees during their annual review. Worst of all, they do not value any of its employees and treat them as if they are expendable, which is expected being at a company this large. Their motto is basically "You don't like it? Then leave." They won't hesitate to get rid of you whether you've been here for 3 months, or 20 years. The only good out of this company is it's job security and stability. If you plan to stay here until retirement, and OK with being the silent, passive worker, then this company is great! Otherwise, move along to another company that actually values your work, knowledge, and abilities.
Job security, stability, benefits
Eksi Yönleri
Management, work culture, advancement opportunities
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
This company doesnt care about the welfare of their employees at all. The people have no respect and spread rumors about each other. Such an awful place to work at
İş Kültürü
MDT is a productive place to work that drive continuous improvement and rewards employees who want to develop and grow within the company. Sometimes budget barriers create difficulty with work life integration and meeting expectations.
İş Kültürü
It was for a few years the best job ever. Then a buyout and a change in management took place. It was down hill from there with no bottom limit to how bad it could get.
İş Kültürü
The people were great and it is regular hours semi regular overtime good benefits 401k medical dental vision would provide stipend towards safety shoes/prescription safety glasses
İş Kültürü
I got the job at Medtronic through a staffing agency and ended up with a 6-month contract. The hourly pay was more than I expected and the interview process was relatively easy and quick. I wasn't usually allowed to work more than 40 hours a week so I'd say the work-life balance was good. I really liked my boss, coworkers, and overall team. There is definitely room to grow, especially if your contract gets renewed.
İş Kültürü
Would love to be at this company, if they had not outsourced. They now manufacture in Mexico somewhere. They had promoted the longevity and potential for a long term career, they must have not been aware of the impending outsourcing.
İş Kültürü
Excellent projects. It was truly inspiring to create life saving products. The team members were on the whole smart, capable and easy to work with. The leadership toward the end became very political. I left after several years of annual layoffs. They sucked the life out of a truly vibrant company.
İş Kültürü
The reviewers that say "Medtronic has good benefits" I can only guess are saying this because they haven't worked anywhere else. The benefits at Medtronic when compared to other local companies are barely acceptable. The benefits are managed out of Minnesota, so you don't have the local, in-network providers that you would normally have at a local company. You end up paying for out-of-network services or driving 100+ miles (seriously) to an in-network surgeon or specialist. The 401k is abysmal compared to other multi-national corporations and vacation is pathetic (you have to work decades to benefits in retirement, so don't even think about moving here mid-career). The social network is cutthroat with the layoffs happening two/three times a year putting everyone on edge. If you have ever been at a company with constant layoffs, you know what I am talking about. There is an onsite cafeteria, but the food quality has gone way down hill since the Medtronic takeover. Since Medtronic fired all the onsite Human Resources representatives, its like the wild HR west. There is no confidentiality in interviewing or management/employee relations and the managers tell you to call "askhr" when you have a questions and "askhr" tells you to ask your manager. The site is poorly managed and anything goes as everyone is just waiting for the next layoff. Now, they say they are closing the Boulder site and moving to Louisville? I can't wait to see how that plays out. If I were Medtronic, I wouldn't take any of the middle managers to the new site in Louisville and start over with a better, - daha fazla
İş Kültürü
Very long, stressful hours are the normal and makes you feel like just another cog in the machine. They're quick to threaten letting you go if your numbers aren't up to par.
Management, Potlucks
Long hours, High stress
İş Kültürü
It was a great company to work for, I was a contractor and they treated me very well. I felt my assignment was not challenging for someone with many years of experience.
İş Kültürü
The job I had was not relevant to my degree, but it was not a bad company to work for. I left to complete my Bachelors degree and the work schedule did not allow this to happen.
İş Kültürü
Medtronic is a highly regarded medical device manufacturer creating innovative products such as Triverse, Triad, LigaSure, Abalation devices, andsurgical pencils. The product quality is best in class and reliable.
İş Kültürü
Do not waste your time with this company . Worked there almost 7 months . Management is cruel . Very high turn over rate. I had put in my 2 weeks and they asked me to stay. So I did then 2 weeks went by and they fired me when they had replacements for me. Did not receive my last pay check for 2 weeks. Did not get back to me when calling asking about my pay checks . Horrible company
İş Kültürü
The culture at Medtronic is rich and contributing to their ambitious mission was rewarding. Millions of lives are being effected and saved around the world every day due to Medtronic's activities and technology.
İş Kültürü
Great people, great products, great Company to work for. Great culture. Very rewarding to design and manufacture medical products that improve quality of life and save lives.
İş Kültürü
If you are a new grad this is a great place to begin your career in marketing or engineering. They offer great benefits and the company culture is one that is driven from the top.
İş Kültürü
The constant restructuring wears thin after a while. They keep moving products and segments around between divisions. Constant restructuring is exacerbated by the never-ending system changes.
Mission Driven