3,4/5 yıldız.

YardımseverlikDeğerlendirmeTarih
Aramayla eşleşen 1.020 yorum bulundu21.442 yoruma gözat

Fun workplace

Indeed'de öne çıkan yorum

Indeed tarafından seçilen en faydalı yorum
Loved working here as a baker. Really fun, learn a lot, don't have to deal with customers. Some of the management needs some work. They don't understand the process of some of the baking. They'll want 100 of a certain item but don't think about the fact that it will have to defrost/proof/bake etc and will take some time to do.

Artı Yönleri

Discounted food, learn a lot

Last minute baking/messy staff

Inclusive and affirming

Working as a baker you need to be a self starter because you’re doing your own separate thing, yet work alongside cafe staff at the same time. The associates and management are very supportive and non judgmental making the parallel work easily manageable with appropriate communication. Everyone has been so nice to me.

Change the shift 11am-7pm

Just because it says no overnight shift, doesn’t mean 2pm-10pm makes it better. So change it to 11am-7pm, 12pm-8pm. The company needs to closed on Sundays and holidays as well.

Free lunch
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Not the worst work environment, but not the best.

The place isn’t the worst place to work, especially with fast food/fast casual work environments. You have more autonomy than most jobs and management can work with you on scheduling. That being said the pay/benefits could be better, and they are slowly trying to move bakers away from being bakers and giving it to other employees to add extra work, and I can not imagine it getting better anytime soon. Baking is slowly getting easier and baking in general is getting reduced. That being said they are generous with daily break meals & generally lower rung employees are nice and chill, with some managers that do try their hardest to bar for us (even though corporate makes that difficult). If you need a job go for it, but wouldn’t recommend staying long-term.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Bad management and low pay

Management wasn’t the best. There’s no requirements to being a a manger other than wanting to be one. The location I was at was very dirty. The work itself is a lot starting off but it’s routine once you get used to it. The pay to workload ratio isn’t the best. The work would be okay if the pay were more.

Like and happy

What is the best part of working at the company?I like to bake and working in food What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You have bad products our your bake is not good looking What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Clean and organized .and top level food safety.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Every day is same I do my best and working different schedules no problem with that.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

It was ok but terrible growth opportunities

I worked as an overnight baker, which means I prepped the frozen breads to bake off, baked off cookies, muffins, you name it. If its a bread or pastry product, the baker made it overnight.When I last worked there, I was offered 11 an hour (which back then was about 50% more than minimum wage), but I ended up leaving because of an overpaced work environment with added on responsibilities, with at best a 25 cent YEARLY raise, if I even qualified for it. 25 cents a year is pathetic, even if I got that raise every year, i'd still be making less than my states minimum wage right now.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Productive and fun workplace of you like working on your own and can be independent

What is the best part of working at the company?I was a baker so it was fun I got to work by myself and when I did work with others they were greatWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The demand every night of thousands of dollars worth of baked goods you have to make by yourselfWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?A little cramped before closing when you’re trying to come in and get set up, sometimes co workers leave your bakery area a messWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in, bake, top baked goods, put everything away, clean up, and go home
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Way too stressful. Constantly feel like I'm drowning and not allowed to call for help. Lied about hours. Terrible company.Could not manage employees for fear of them "quitting if you tell them what to do"Ultimately did not get to better the restaurants I was supposed to be working at because I was constantly sent to cover shifts for no-call, no-shows on a weekly basis.Baking the bread and learning the proofing process was awesome and great experience. Unfortunately staffing issues make the job harder than it needs to be.Learning temperature control and how cross-contamination can happen were good but rarely followed/enforced.

Free food

12 hour shifts

Fast paced

Once you get a set routine the night goes by pretty fast. I worked alone for more than half of the shift. The hardest part of the job is probably working at night. You have to close the place by yourself and walk to your car alone.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin

Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın

Just okay

Low pay, poor working environment. It seems like you're just a body, a space to fill. Some locations are better than others but you don't get to puck.

Amazing Experience.

The Night Baker Position has been a job experience that I truly enjoyed. The independence and support from the Baker Staff Management Team was top shelf.

Independence. Support.

None.

Toxic Workplace

The workplace is toxic and manager curse at you and always find ways to belittle you. Mama garment is never on your side and they find ways to retaliate if you complain. I have had my tires slashed every other week. They reimburse car mileage and gas to favorites not to hard workers. If you a baker stay away from this place.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Fine until they changed from over night to afternoon shift

Working as an overnight Baker was fine. We were understaffed but worked though it. The company decided to put us on afternoons and we are still understaffed and have to maneuver our hot product around the associates during the dinner hours. It's stressful and not very practical and makes our job much harder. They tried this before and it didn't work so why try again. For what they charge the customer they deserve fresh products not warmed up day old stuff. Advice for the company there is more to making money than cutting the bottom line. Happy employees are an essential part of running a business. If they are not happy they will leave and then who knows what you are going to get .

Decent job

There are many issues just like any job. However, the always work with me and the job has given me many opportunities. There does seem to be a lack of communication but they are currently undergoing a lot of management changes that will probably help.

Terrible Company

I could write a book about how many terrible experiences I had while working for Panera Bread. I was over qualified for this job with a education in baking and pastry. So I worked at many different locations in the market before I was very quickly pushed into a training position. I was told I would be training out of a specific cafe and wouldn't have to travel. So I relocated to be closer to that cafe. When COVID came in 2020 they "reframed" the bakery management and laid off 2/3 of the bakery market mangers including the one in my market. Shortly after my new manager told me that training is a traveling position and I was no longer going to be working at my home cafe. I have to travel to the cafe the trainee would be working at 5 days a week for at least a month. Those cafes could be up to and hour and a half away. No reimbursement for gas or mileage and that the $1 training raise was to cover those costs. I would have never agreed to the position if I knew this from the start. When I tried to step down they pressured me into training only in cafes close to me. The amount of times I was lied to by upper management overshadowed what was to me a very enjoyable job. I loved the work and my coworkers,but I couldn't stand to work for a company the does not care about the well-being of their employees.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Amazing would love to still be there

What is the best part of working at the company?I liked the night shift working alone as a baker due to time change for shift I had to leave only reasonWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes was delivery time of the bread drivers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Amazing people were nice and helpful What is a typical day like for you at the company?Started to proof bread as fast as possible

Good place to work.

It was a good place to work. Fellow employees were fun to interact with. Management was hit or miss. Work load could be easy or hard, depending on who worked before you.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

A good job for a single person

A busy day baking $3000 a day for the public. Time management trying to get everything done in 8 hrs. Creating recipes learning seasonal products working together to make company shine

Free lunch

Eksi Yönleri

Constant schedule changes for bakers also multiple locations

Not worth it

Not exactly the best place to work. The scheduling was terrible, couldnt rely on co-bakers or boss to provide any sort of support. Dont recommend working here at all if you value your mental health.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Its a stepping stone job.

Just know your availability will be ignored. And your schedule will also be inconsistent & The pay is below a livable wage for Raleigh-Durham area. The job is not hard to do but it is a lot of work.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?

Burada çalışmanın nasıl bir şey olduğunu merak mı ediyorsun?

Panera Bread firmasında çalışmak ya da mülakata girmek hakkında bir soru sorun. Topluluğumuz cevap vermeye hazır.Soru Sor

Genel puanlama