Sodexo
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

General Manager için Sodexo Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
General Manager259 yorum
Konum
Tümü
Aramayla eşleşen 259 yorum bulundu
16.349 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
Some very small disappointments, I have been with them many years and received many awards and lots of recognition. The biggest disappointment has been that there isn't enough work in the state I live in.
1,0
İş Kültürü
Be assured that as a manager of Sodexo, work like balance does not exist, regardless of what they might promise. This is usually highly dependent upon the unit you are in, however, from my experience its all hands on deck all the time. I would generally get in about 7am and expect to leave about 6pm, (that's if a report wasn't due ASAP or an upcoming audit OR an evening catered event) not including any work I might take home with me. If you are lucky, there might be a full staff for both frontline and manager, if not, you will be doing their job and some in order to please the client. Because if the client isn't happy, no one is.

At my first account, Sodexo lost the contract, which meant we were immediately required to find new employment or travel. They will not simply transfer you to a new facility. You must apply and see if they hire you or not. Luckily I found a job...almost 2 hours from my home. I was supposed to be free to apply to work closer, but that door closed rather quickly.

While employed at my second unit, I was diagnosed with cancer, and as a result requested reasonable accommodations which was denied. This forced me to quit my job, DESPITE this being requested by my physician. They did not care that I needed temporary flexibility despite having worked 50+ hour works for nearly 2 years (AND worked on FMLA AND returned too soon to attend a required meeting). They even had the audacity to ask me why I felt I needed to work less. I could have complained and been made an example of, but when battling cancer its not quite worth it.
Found a great mentor
Eksi Yönleri
Think the comments above explain my cons enough
İş Kültürü
A typical day is 10 hours. Managing the daily operations takes an entire team of managers and hourly employees. I enjoy making people happy from the employees to the guests.
development
Eksi Yönleri
Balance of work and home life can be challenging
5 Mart 2018
Thank you for your feedback and for your service at Sodexo! Due to the nature of the work in the service industry, you're correct that days can be long and / or fast-paced. However, as you mention, many of our employees report enjoying the ability to make a difference in the lives of other people on a daily basis, so I hope that this helps create a balanced experience for you and others who may join the team in the future. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager
İş Kültürü
a good place to work, promotion takes awhile learned load about Government work.
a boatload of culture

a ton of over site

keeping paperwork in line the biggest challenge
free meals
constant audits
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
Sodexo is a large, multi-national company with plenty of room for growth and mobility. Sodexo's focus on diversity and inclusion make it an excellent company to work for as you experience ideas from multiple different angles. Sodexo also prides itself on trying to focus on work/life balance, though that can depend on the account you have landed at. There are a ton of resources that you can pull from and learn from, but the size of the company can also make you feel like a small fish in a large pond. Sodexo offers excellent benefits and plenty of Paid Time Off.
TONS of resources
Eksi Yönleri
Large company = small fish in a big pond
İş Kültürü
Company has good values, allow team members to grow within the company. At times can be stressful with dealing with clients etc. RESOURCES are there to help you on a daily basis
Free lunchs
Small breaks
İş Kültürü
This was the start of an extremely challenging 3-4 years, from retuning to the UK in the commercial services sector; and following 24 years in the military delivering logistical services.

The beginning was great; but with the ever changing commercial challenges i quickly learnt the harsh reality of working as a contractor in the services sector

The customer was being challenged to make considerable efficiency savings and as the incumbent contractor we were challenged to deliver this but maintain standards
Learning curve!!!!
Lack of loyalty
İş Kültürü
Always things to be done as you walk in the door! Fast paced, interesting. There was room for advancement, and always temporary position available to go to!
İş Kültürü
Responsible for the coordination and execution of operation of a large dining facility offering high quality dining services 365 days a year. Stressful position.
İş Kültürü
Awesome company! I would gladly work for Sodexo until I retire. Global company that provides global opportunity! I know they are also expanding their foot print in other areas beyond food service, which is a good sign as well.
Supports work life balance
Eksi Yönleri
Need more locations in the West
İş Kültürü
Any company you work for you have to make it a fun place and enjoyable. Sometime there is lot's of issue that you have to face but make sure you stay calm and do your best.
İş Kültürü
Job with good pay, and advancement opportunities. Good benefits, and opportunities to transfer if needed. Very diverse work force. Good management team, with procedure in place.
Free lunch, good benefits
Lots of hours
20 Kasım 2017
Great feedback - thank you for sharing with us and potential candidates. I hope you continue to enjoy your time at Sodexo. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager
İş Kültürü
Loved the job. However i was promoted and the next available place to work was a 2.5 hr drive one way. I stayed and finished off the football season.
Fun atmosphere
Too far to drive
İş Kültürü
I love working for Sodexo. It is a great company to be a part of. They offer a great benefit package. There are opportunities to move all around the globe since they operate in so many countries.
İş Kültürü
Good company easy to advance with the right situation, promote from within, I have promoted several from hourly to management. Good company to move up and be promoted from, the promote from within, and encourage learning and hourly moving to management. A good company overall and good benefits, good time off, and good compensation. Overall a good company to work for, but be sure you are working for the right district manager.
good benefits
İş Kültürü
Great company. The client will not spend any money to improve the facilities. They offer many opportunities to learn the specific job you are working.
İş Kültürü
Excellent mentor program- internal education excellent
Salary progression commensurate with difficulty of account

Manager team work developed

Excellent data collection tools
salry incentives - bonus rentention -vacation time generous
Eksi Yönleri
health care industry is changing creating a very diffcult work environment .
2,0
İş Kültürü
I worked for Sodexo for over 25 years and I wish I had left 10 years before I did. I started out when it was Marriott and I always saw myself retiring from the company. It was a great part of my life for many years.

In the end though, it was simply too much distrust of the front line, in the unit employees and management team - those who were working hard to earn Sodexo its profits.

I always thought that hard work and taking care of the customer would reward me in the future, but what I found instead was that the more money you gave back to the company only made the company want more the next year and it became a year after year cycle. Eventually, you wouldn't be able to produce an increase and that was seen as a negative.

Corporate support degenerated over the years. For instance, human resources used to be just that - a resource you could count on to help you take care of the staff and the unit, but at the end, they were no longer helping staff. Instead, they were taking direction from the legal team and there was no "human" left in human resources. For example, when they rolled out taking benefits away from higher education employees based upon a different full-time scale, I saw the impact this was having directly on the front line staff who served our customers year after year and counted on those benefits. They were the lowest paid employees in our company and they were the ones hardest hit. Eventually the company reversed it's decision, but this is something that should have never happened to begin with.

Senior leadership was never stable. They were quickly
 - daha fazla
Artı Yönleri
I loved working with the customers and my in-unit management and front line team.
Eksi Yönleri
The company micromanaged the unit and didn't respect the staff.
İş Kültürü
I have had a very positive experience with Sodexo. They provide a work and life balance as well as competitive pay and benefits. There is a lot of support from upper management to be successful.
many layered responsibilities;
opportunities to interact with many people;

challenging expectations;

opportunities for advancement;

supportive environment;
İş Kültürü
I enjoy this challenging profession. I Feel important and what my staff does to be important. Providing a service that everyone takes for granted, can be frustrating at times.
27 Eylül 2017
I appreciate you taking the time to share and for your time of service at Sodexo. As you mention, it can definitely be a challenge and much of the work is behind the scenes or involves things most people are unaware of. However, I hope you did not feel it was a thankless job, as the patients, families and clients we serve couldn't get by without you and our Environmental Services teams. Thank you again, and if you're ever interested in returning, I encourage you to join our alumni community Reconnexions. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager