Ada, OH konumunda Sodexo için Çalışan Yorumları

Aramanızla eşleşen 7 yorum bulundu 15.202 yoruma gözat
3,0
İş Kültürü
Overall it's a decent place to work.
Custodian (Güncel Çalışan) –  Ada, OH16 Ocak 2020
We take care of all buildings on campus. Maintaining clean facilities for all students and staff. The management and staff are all friendly and want the best for all.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?EvetHayırŞikayet et
4,0
İş Kültürü
Was pretty easy but fast-paced
Dishwasher (Eski Çalışan) –  Ada, OH9 Eylül 2019
It was pretty chill usually. Would just do my job and then when we didn't have anything to do we would just mess around. Got free food on my break and the manager that i worked for was really cool.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?Evet 2HayırŞikayet et
2,0
Sodexo
Food Service Worker (Güncel Çalışan) –  Ada, OH25 Temmuz 2019
Working for Sodexo was a different experience then working for other food service jobs, They like to mess with our work schedules more often then you would like, they also like to move you around alot so learning a job was a bit more difficult cause you was big at a job long enough to learn it.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?Evet 2Hayır 1Şikayet et
3,0
İş Kültürü
I enjoyed working in this line of work due to the fact that it was very customer oriented.
Catering Manager and Retail Manager (Eski Çalışan) –  Ada, OH27 Temmuz 2016
I worked for Sodexo for 23 years at Ohio Northern University. I managed a wonderful team of about 20 full time employees. I worked along side them with my Supervisor to take care of College students in two retail locations. I have enjoyed learning about retail. I learned setting up displays and how to order according to the needs of the business. The hardest thing to get used to was the inventory and getting it implemented into the computer system. So, on an average day I ordered, did scheduling, received shipments, and worked along side my team to handle the retail businesses.
Artı Yönleri
Made many great relationships !
Eksi Yönleri
Being a long time employee did not mean much with new management.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?Evet 3HayırŞikayet et
1,0
Confidentiality a must
ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST (Eski Çalışan) –  Ada, OH4 Eylül 2014
In charge of cleaning the presidents building. Must keep confidentiality a must.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?Evet 3Hayır 2Şikayet et
4,0
İş Kültürü
OK Benefits, no room for in house advancement, good (local) management, corporate priorities questionable
Food Service Worker (Eski Çalışan) –  Ada, OH2 Temmuz 2014
I worked for Sodexo USA (at Ohio Northern University) for 9 years. I started as a standard college worker doing odd jobs on a part time basis while going to school. I stayed there through college and continued after I had graduated. Sodexo proved to be a great company if you're a student, willing to work with your schedule, make decent money (for a high school or college student), and have managers that understand that school involves more than just work all the time. Following college I stayed on with the company and even joined the union. From there I learned how Sodexo operates. While some members of management have been there for many years and truly know their job, other positions (such as chef and certain office positions) have became available during my time working there. During this time, only once has an experienced worker from within the company advanced to management, even when multiple positions have opened up and numerous co-workers (not always me, but others were certainly qualified) had the qualifications, the knowledge, and the dependability to do said job but were passed over to bring in people from the outside, with mixed results. Chefs rotated on seemingly a yearly basis (8 in 9 years), numerous managers lasted at best 6 months, and the like. Often, this was the result of chefs and managers leaving due to unrealistic goals set by corporate (District Managers were often dropping by to set a goal, then leave until the next time they dropped by to add more to an already unrealistic goal), and often unclear messages sent by management in-house. Even other members  daha fazla of management would confide in me that they would receive three different answers from three other managers for the same problem. There were only three offices in the building and none was more than 20 feet away from the other, yet communication was a major issue that frustrated not only hourly employees, but also other members of management.

Then there was how it all affected hourly employees such as myself. In addition to the miscommunication problems, we were also treated to a constant stream of seemingly on-the-fly goals and projects that someone in corporate (in Delaware, I believe) decided was really important all of a sudden. One month it was "how to greet the clients", then it was "store supplies in a completely new (ie unfamiliar and inefficient) way", followed by "employees can only use certain bathrooms, even on break" (seriously), then back to "how to greet the client", and so on, all of which were of the utmost importance...until they changed their minds and something else was more important (even when the new thing contradicted the old thing). And that comes with every company and wouldn't be a problem if it weren't constant "now do this" told to us by some suit from Cleveland to the point that our own management would tell us they knew it didn't make any sense, but we had to do it (lest they anger the DM, which would come down on the GM, which would come crashing down on our managers).

Then there was how Sodexo "works with" the union. And this is not a remark on the manager or GM where I worked, but it is directed toward the corporate arm of Sodexo USA and the "negotiator" send to deal with new contracts. The most recent contract, the "negotiator" sent by Sodexo got to the first negotiation, immediately stood up, refused to negotiate, and left the room. He did this for months until a mediator had to be brought in just to get him to BEGIN negotiating. In the end, they offered up their version of the new contract that took away some holidays, a couple sick days, reduced our health insurance coverage (taking away vision) and, as the final, soul-crushing part that hurt morale more than actual pocketbooks, took away the $25 gift card management would buy us at christmas time just to be nice. The new contract eliminated that because they felt if they didn't it would "become expected in the next contract negotiation" despite the fact that a) they've been buying the cards for years and b) through three negotiations (including this one) it has NEVER been brought up as a demand we wanted to keep or expand (we understood it was a small goodwill gesture by management to show appreciation for a calendar year of hard work). So, to save them a tiny amount of money, they had it written into the contract that said gift card was no longer allowed. They finally negotiated and presented this 3 DAYS before the expiration of the old contract and basically told us if we didn't sign what they offered, that three days later we would lose our insurance coverage altogether. While this did not personally affect me (I had voluntarily opted out of the insurance plan for financial reasons), I know many of my co-workers depended on the insurance to afford life-saving medications for themselves and their families and couldn't afford to lose insurance. So, with barely 51% of the vote (we needed 75% rejection to strike), the new contract passed and I decided that it was time for me to go. All of this while the establishment I worked for performed more tasks, in less hours, for effectively less pay. They wanted more but wanted to pay less. I worked there for close to a decade and I knew many others who were going on 15, 20 years, and to see a company play so dirty with employees they claimed to value was all I needed. I left because of how corporate treated the workers they can't exist without. I don't regret that decision at all.

Overall, Sodexo should be separated into two distinct businesses: the local establishment, which in my case was rather good, even with their flaws, and the corporate office that doesn't seem to value employees as much as their recruitment videos would claim.
  daha az
Artı Yönleri
Free food, great for students
Eksi Yönleri
Management communication, corporate policies, unfair business practices
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?Evet 12Hayır 3Şikayet et

Sodexo için daha fazla yoruma gözat

Bunu denemek isteyebilirsiniz: