Sodexo
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Caterer için Sodexo Çalışan Yorumları

Pozisyonun Adı
Caterer109 yorum
Konum
Tümü
Aramayla eşleşen 109 yorum bulundu
15.620 yoruma gözat
Its a thankless job
It's a physicality mentally thankless and draining job you get paid terrible to get treated like terrible all day every day by everyone no health ins or vacation time is offered
Friendly and supportive staff
Sodexo is a very nice organization to work with in terms of the people working and in terms of environment as well. It is definitely a very nice company to work with and the best part is the staff who are very supportive.
College job
Fun work environment, coworkers are friendly and are helpfull. Learned alot. Only caught small fires like two or three times. Nice place to work, especially for a college student.
Workplace cultural is good
It is intensive when it comes to football season, other than that it is good. All my coworkers are super nice to me. You should have ability to carry some heavy stuff.
2,0
İş Kültürü
Good job for a retired chef
This job as catering Chef at Brock University is great however it is failed to mention that in total you are only working 16 weeks out of the year. All else is layoff with no pay. A great job for a retired Chef.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
I’d like to think this company is not this way around the world I was just in the wrong place with them at the wrong time.
Absentee management on every level I experienced. Fear of long tenured hourly employees who had gone rogue. People who only did what they wanted, not what they should have or what they were told to do. Every corner which could be cut was cut, regardless of its effect on quality of product. Managements overall goal was to keep themselves out of trouble with HR, totally spineless. My last position with Sodexo the Gm would do everything from cut coffees with hot water to save pennies to serving past its prime freezer burnt product to executives in catering.
Artı Yönleri
Decent hours seldom had to work nights weekends or holidays
To many to list
Productive fun place
a typical day at sodexo is working your hardest and having fun with it.Ive learned while working at sodexo is there's no perfect way to do something as long as you get it done correctly, i also leaned that always put your best effort forward & time management is key
İş Kültürü
Fast paced and lots to do. You have to work well in a group. Dress appropriately and keep your hair up and out of the way. Great people to work with and flexible schedules.
Excellent company
Best company I have ever worked for
The management team were superb

The support and help from everyone was great

Always felt I mattered and not just a number
İş Kültürü
good job, lots of education opportunities
Fun environment to work in, as well as learn new things everyday. Payed reasonably for the work and time period. Management originally was well respected, and willing to train new member's with respect.
Varried learning enviroment
Eksi Yönleri
Structure, and staffing issues. ( Seasonal)
great place of work
sodexo was a amazing company i would love to work back for them great company great mangement profession team everyone was a team player clean work enviroment
free lunch
İş Kültürü
Worked for before, not sure I will again
Worked on a contract held by Sodexo. I had worked a job like this previously and held the necessary skill and knowledge to work it effectively. Management was poor. The Catering manager micromanaged me towards the end of my probation. Set me far too many tasks to complete in an unrealistic time frame. Along with writing out a list of my entire job for that day. (Had been there a few months beforehand). Felt patronising and made me felt like I was being treated like a child. Lunch breaks are at a poor time, just as the restaurant closes meaning you don't end up getting your job completed in time unless you don't take your break.
Free lunch
Terrible management
Nice coworkers free meals up to $10 a day
Been there for over 30 years contractor at a large corporation under Sodexo had great management in the past but, they just seem to put anybody in management positions now a day where they are just greedy uncaring and unappreciative of their workers and always trying to pull the wool over the clients eyes .... There is a problem when you take good employees and make them not care anymore such a shame
Artı Yönleri
Free lunches benefits 401(k)
Fast paced
Schedule is too erratic. The hardest part of the job is loading and unloading catering needs on and off van, or box truck. I learned the proper way to set a table and the names of the various types of fancy cutlery and drinkware. The co-workers were very pleasant to work with,
Free food
Eksi Yönleri
No 10 minute breaks and if you don't stop and take lunch you just may not get one, but it will still be deducted from pay.
Horrible management
Middle and upper management is the worst I've ever encountered. They don't work together to make things happen, everyone is out for #1 and aren't there for their employees when needed. Do not expect fair treatment from them. Ultimately the worst company I've ever worked for.
Free meal, schedule flexibility
Eksi Yönleri
Bad middle/upper management, not enough help for certain jobs
Okay College Job
When I started at Sodexo, I just graduated high school. The hours were 7am-3pm, mon-fri. The work wasn't terrible, but it was a lot over the summer. We'd have to wear long, black clothes, even in August, and the biggest event happened then, in 90 degree weather. Overall, the job was alright, but I left because none of the older people did their actual job, they just sat around and expected an 18-year old to do everything.
free lunch
terrible coworkers
İş Kültürü
All of what you make out of the job itself
Normally busy

Important to be able to manage your time efficiently.

Hardest part of the job would be the kitchen having your food ready on time for your events.

Most enjoyable part is the customers and meeting new people.
Disorganized
Management would put out a schedule a week in advance, but would make changes with a days notice. They are not understanding of personal lives and expect employees to change plans with no notice because they did not schedule enough workers.
Artı Yönleri
Pay was competitive and you receive free meals during breaks.
Eksi Yönleri
Schedule changes with extremely short notice. Management is disorganized!
Great
Typical day is you set up an event, monitor the event, then break down.

You learn a lot of proper table settings and decor settings.

Management is stern and understanding.

The culture is diverse and caring.

Most difficult part is running the food during huge events.

The most enjoyable part is the breaks in between events.
Pay, flexibility
Potentially long hours
İş Kültürü
Great place to work and everyone worked hard together as part of a team to ensure each shift went as smoothly as possible. Fun place to work but just and constant
Term time
Pay not excellent
review
A typical day at work was fast paced, half the time i was a robot just doing what i was trained. on eventful days I would end up working 10 hours and sometimes 13.