Sodexo
Haftalık güncellemeler, iş ilanları ve değerlendirmelerden haberdar olun

Senior Cook için Sodexo Çalışan Yorumları

Aramayla eşleşen 64 yorum bulundu
15.583 yoruma gözat
İş Kültürü
overall a good job and a great place to work
productive and very busy, challanging to ones skills to the fullest potential, creating a sense to strive for the highest position possible. learing tolerence for others and how a very large kitchen staff can work together.
İş Kültürü
I would not suggest working here.
Working here is very reminiscent of my first job working in fast food. In fact the pay isn't much different, management barely knows what they are doing and you dread each day you wake up and decide not to call out or quit. The only difference between these two, is that you have to work even harder while being told that you still aren't working hard enough. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from Sodexo.
5,0
Opportunity
There is so much opportunity working for sodexo and I know first hand because I have been given those opportunities and i am looking to succeed working for sodexo.
2,0
Tough to do job
Senior cooks made it vertually impossible to do job. Won't show a person the ropes. They go out of there way to make things difficult. I would not recommend working for Sodexo to friends.
İş Kültürü
Great place to work, but management needs work
I loved this job! Great work-life balance. I met a lot of amazing people and I learned so much working there. Unfortunately, some of the Executive Chefs were horrible. Would single people out and pick on them for whatever reason; just act like bullies as if we're still in high school or something. Anything I did learn was from fellow co-workers mostly, not so much the managers...sadly.
Bu değerlendirme size yardımcı oldu mu?
Son çalıştığınız şirkete puan verin
Diğer kişilere yardım etmek için deneyiminizi paylaşın
İş Kültürü
If work was like high school
I kinda have a love, hate relationship with this company. I love it in the way how they worked with on so many levels and growing through the company and being able to build work-life relationships. But I hate it cause of those work-life relationships "high school clicks" start to form. Then because of these clicks drama starts to form around the workplace like a bad soap opera. This leads to dysfunction within the workplace and nothing gets done.
Manipulating (Users), Unhealthy Environment and Overall Stressful Company
Not enough employees, not hiring to fill vacancies, overworked and not compensated, (don't show them that you are willing to jump in anywhere at any time they will use you, drain you dry and just completely burn you out and through you in the trash). When you talk to your gm about the issues at the work place they just gossip to other managers and spread rumors to try to ruin you reputation. Don't ever trust management. Which brings me to this next con that they then call a requirement once they see all you can do. Required to do at least two or more job descriptions that are not yours, gm only trying to get money, poor condition, poor equipment, poor food quality. Would not recommend to anyone with prior experience in high end food service, who has a culinary degree or who has common sense.
İş Kültürü
It’s an ok place to work
Sodexo is a good place to work as lone as there is a good management team in place. Team work is the key to successful employment careers. With Sodexo, if you want to advance your career there is plenty of room to do so.
Ok benefits
Lack of weekends off
A good place to start
This is a great job to have if you want to learn skills, the only down side for me was the seasonal lay off from around May through September. The hours that are available through the summer are very few and far between. The management is great and taught me many skills to further my career.
My opinion
Job didn’t promote me because of skills, you have to be a manager favorite to move forward in the company was my experience. But the company is a good company to work for.
İş Kültürü
Very poor quality of food the students became very unhappy with the quality and quantity
Poor management. There was a lot of favoritism. When it was busy the manager never chipped in to help. Breaks almost never happened and it was very inconsistent.
Unfair practices
Company has paid sick leave, but if you call in sick, you get an occurrence. If you go in sick and get sent home, you get an occurrence. When I started I had a steady schedule that fit in with college. New management took over and told me my availability meant nothing. They talk about policy, policy, policy. Promised fair treatment in-regards-to the schedule. I worked 6-7 different positions because I was capable enough to. The others, they were allowed to comfortably work one position consistently. When I brought this up to my boss and told them their words weren’t matching up with their actions, I was told that they believed they were fair. My schedule was all over the place, I was contributing more than the other employees and I was not a manager. When my general manager told me it was fair on a Friday, I had a better paying job with a consistent schedule on the following Wednesday. The culture is wrong, the
Eksi Yönleri
Lack of training for other employees, lack of fair pay, lack of retention of staff, lack of consistency, lack of fair practices, crushes desire to grow, hollow outs and exhausts employees.
2,0
Pitiful
My time there was a horror I was a “cook 2” there. Which was just taking frozen food out of boxes and throwing in the oven. Management Unknowledgeable
Fair
I had more experience than the manager that interviewed me. Even though they had recipe that where cost effective, but each region is different and you have to adapt to your market. And management chose not to adapt.
İş Kültürü
Great company to work for. H
Ok it wouldful work for them. Also it was happy day and bad days . But most of the time I had great fun. The food was good and it was good hours . Along work at school too in Beaufort S.C the cafeteria that was fun as well .
Good workplace
I have absolutely no complaints about working at the college. I did not care for going to other accounts. The Chefs were amazing and very flexible. Good communication for the most part. A very easy going environment.
5,0
Productive and funy workplace
I feel like the company is very structured and enforces the rules well such as respecting others. I feel like the job is organized and runs smooth with all of the staff.
Busy
Everything was fast pace ! It was about quantity not quality. A lot college student and summer camp provide a lot of extra hours . The staff treated part time employee like they weren't as important to the team. If you went to work and did your job it's smooth selling.
Nice employees
Busy
Seasonal
Seasonal work at a college, if students were not in attendance you did not have work. Pay was decent but since it was seasonal work with lots of time off the pay averaged minimum wage. Interesting co-workers and went through several managers.
Artı Yönleri
Good healthcare, lots of time off
Eksi Yönleri
Seasonal, poor managers, lots of drama.
Where i was..was ok
It was an ok job good pay and benefits. But the company didnt understand or collaborate with cooks on how the kitchens actually ran. Were more occupied with inspection ready vs. Combat ready messhalls.
Pay and paid time off
Eksi Yönleri
Expected more work not enough workers
İş Kültürü
Productive and rewarding place to work
Typical day for me would include prepping for breakfast, serving for three hours and then having an hour between breakfast and lunch to prep for the lunch service and serving for another three hours, all while cleaning during the slower periods of time and prepping for the next days meal.
I've gone from salad prep to main line and then moved to the saute station. Each station teaching me the prep quantities needed for service, time management, even more customer service skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a fun, fast paced environment.

Hardest part of the job I would say is the time restrictions; I have to rely on co-workers around half the time in order to get the food ready and out on time. I really do enjoy that I can make a students day with only a plate of food and a little conversation, that's what makes it worth it.
Artı Yönleri
Free meal per 8 hour shift, great health benefits.
Eksi Yönleri
Not a lot of time in the day to take short breaks and still get everything you need done.